[whatwg] WF2: Informative style sheet appendix?

Alex Vincent ajvincent at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 12:53:36 PDT 2006

CSS 2 provides in Appendix A, and CSS 2.1 in Appendix D, non-normative
references which implementers may use as a basis for styling HTML
pages by default.  Web Forms 2 is missing a similar style sheet for
all the new features it brings to the table.

For example, on my XUL Widgets project I have tentatively designated a
red background to a text input as meaning "This input's value is not
valid according to this input's specification."  I also am considering
adding an icon immediately after the input, for accessibility reasons
(color-blindness).

A non-normative style sheet for the Web Forms 2 specification would be
very useful to me as an implementer, in giving me an example to
follow.  As I continue to attempt implementing WF2 for Mozilla code, I
think I should try to offer whatever help I can.

Opinions?  Thoughts?

-- Alexander J. Vincent, June 30, 2001