[whatwg] On accessibility

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at feldgendler.ru
Wed Jun 14 20:29:18 PDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:42:41 +0700, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt at myrealbox.com> wrote:

>> What Opera does makes sense. Maybe it should be standardized.

> What Opera does is indeed very cool, but it's quite possible that
> another browser could come up with something even cooler. And in this
> area there is very little benefit from interoperability, so I don't see
> any point in standardizing it. It would be like standardizing on vi.
> (Or emacs.)

Sorry, I havent made myself clear enough.

Here is what I think should be standardized: a user agent which supports accesskeys MUST provide an uniform method of invoking any accesskey which is a letter or a digit. This method should be designed so that the UA's own key bindings never conflict with the accesskeys.