[whatwg] Mathematics in HTML5

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Wed Jun 21 07:51:51 PDT 2006

Le 21 juin 2006 à 7:16, White Lynx a écrit :

> 1. formula, dformula, dformgrp - just containers, no problems.
> 2. sub, sup - already exist nothing to add
> 3. stack - requires support for inline-blocks. No problems in MSIE,
> Opera, Prince.
> Safari and Mozilla will have to fix bug affecting inline-blocks.
> 4. fraction, num, den - the same as stack.

> I. Full proposal
> II. 1,2,3,4,5,6 with restricted content of ubase, 7, 10, 11 (Juan's
> proposal)
> III. 1, 2, 4 (Michel's proposal)

My proposal was fractions, and *only* fractions. I never included
formulas in it. I think that any kind of formula element would be a
little silly if we are to only offer fractions to authors. I'm not
really opposed to <formula> per se, I think however that <dformula>
and <dformgrp> are superflous.

So, using your list, my proposal was really 2 and 4, and nothing else.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/