[whatwg] WA1: Conformance requirements

L. David Baron dbaron at dbaron.org
Thu Mar 9 10:03:39 PST 2006

On Thursday 2006-03-09 17:56 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
>    "The ins and del elements must implement the HTMLModElement interface:"

But it's their DOM objects that must implement the HTMLModElement
interface, not the elements themselves.

> I can't find any examples on attributes, but I could imagine having some.
>
> I agree that often there are requirements on elements and attributes that
> are really requirements on authors.
>
> I'll have to go through and fix that.

Perhaps the way to fix it is to say:

# Conformance requirements phrased as requirements on elements or markup
# attributes are conformance requirements on documents.
#
# Conformance requirements phrased as requirements on DOM attributes,
# methods, or objects are conformance requirements on user agents.

It seems like that would catch more of the common cases.

-David