[whatwg] WA1: Conformance requirements

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Mar 10 12:04:59 PST 2006

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, L. David Baron wrote:

> Perhaps the way to fix it is to say:
>
> # Conformance requirements phrased as requirements on elements or markup
> # attributes are conformance requirements on documents.
> #
> # Conformance requirements phrased as requirements on DOM attributes,
> # methods, or objects are conformance requirements on user agents.

I'm worried about getting it wrong. :-)

I've reworded the paragraph like this:

  elements, attributes, methods or objects. Such requirements fall
  into two categories; those describing content model restrictions,
  and those describing implementatino behaviour. The former category
  of requirements are requirements on documents and authoring
  tools. The second category are requirements on user agents.</p>

Is that ok?

I've also reorganised the conf section to make it read better.

Thanks,