[whatwg] A better name than <gauge> for the element that shows a measurement

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Tue Mar 21 04:22:28 PST 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 14:05, Christoph Paeper wrote:

> I'm not a native speaker and would have written it correctly. OTOH  
> I never would have imagined the alleged AE spelling 'gage'

Metooing on both counts. I cannot remember ever seeing 'gage' in the  

I still think 'gauge' is the best one of all the alternatives suggested.

Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi

More information about the whatwg mailing list