[whatwg] A better name than <gauge> for the element that shows a measurement

mozer xmlizer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:39:04 PST 2006

<score> +1

On 3/21/06, fantasai <fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Christoph Paeper wrote:
> >
> > I'm not a native speaker and would have written it correctly. OTOH I
> > never would have imagined the alleged AE spelling 'gage' [LEO], because
> > I would pronounce that completely different: /gO:Z/ vs. /geIdZ/ [SAMPA].
> I pronounce it "gayj". So do most of the civil engineers I know.
> As for spelling, I'm likely to use "gage" for e.g. "22-gage steel deck",
> but I'm inclined to use "gauge" for "fuel gauge". But that's just me.
> ~fantasai
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/attachments/20060321/d3899ce7/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the whatwg mailing list