[whatwg] <progress> draft

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Mar 23 15:25:59 PST 2006

I've added <progress> to the draft too.

At the moment I support a range of "%" characters in the body of the
element:

   <progress>5%</progress>
   <meter>50&x2030;</meter>

...etc. This seems to be a good thing to me. However, I currently also say
that these work in the "value" attribute. I'm thinking that we should make
"value" be purely a floating point number. This would dramatically
simplify the processing model and would also let the DOM attributes simply
reflect the content attributes -- right now I'm not sure how to do the DOM
attribute of "value" because of this.

What do people think? Is it valuable to be able to do:

   <progress value="5%"/>

...instead of either of these:

   <progress value="0.05"/>
   <progress>5%</progress>