[whatwg] The IMG element, proposing a CAPTION attribute

Steve Runyon s.runyon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 09:47:05 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the list, so apologies if this idea has already been
discussed or I'm missing the point....

Couldn't we extend the <label> element to work for images as well as form
elements?  The for attribute would provide the explicit link to the image
that would take the label's contents out-of-stream for screen readers, and
would likewise (with some CSS changes, I suppose) allow the caption to be
positioned correctly relative to the image for visual browsers.

- Steve