[whatwg] WF2 clarification request: File upload controls

Alex Vincent ajvincent at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 22:42:26 PDT 2006

In the past, user agents have allowed file upload controls to
reference files not local to the computer in question.  For validity
purposes, I wonder if this should still be allowed under Web Forms
2.0.

Allowing remote values in the file upload control could be a
performance hit via networking, since we'd have to verify the file
exists before saying valueMissing is false...

-- Alexander J. Vincent, June 30, 2001