[whatwg] on codecs in a 'video' tag.

Kevin Calhoun kcalhoun at apple.com
Tue Apr 3 14:24:25 PDT 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 2:13 PM, L. David Baron wrote:

> On Tuesday 2007-04-03 11:52 -0700, Dave Singer wrote:
>> Surely people have comments or questions on other aspects of our
>> proposal?  There is new stuff, new ideas, and open areas, all ripe
>> for discussion....we have engineers standing by, eager to refine and
>> improve the video tag design itself...
>
> If you want more comments, it would be good to include a URL to get
> the proposal (potentially a message in the list archive, if that's
> the best one).  I'm not sure where to find it amid the hundreds of
> messages on the list.

Apple's CSS Timed Media Module proposal - http://webkit.org/specs/
Timed_Media_CSS.html
Apple's HTML Timed Media Elements proposal - http://webkit.org/specs/
HTML_Timed_Media_Elements.html

I'm including Maciej's original message regarding Apple's proposals
below for reference.

A number of the ideas from Apple's HTML proposal have already been
incorporated into the current working draft of Web Applications 1.0.
<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/>, naturally.

- Kevin

Begin forwarded message: