[whatwg] Parsing: comment tokenization

David Håsäther hasather at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 15:48:15 PDT 2007

Nicholas Shanks wrote:

> On a related matter, does anyone know if WinIE correctly supports
> comments inside tags other than those that begin "<!--" ?
> e.g:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html [
> <!ENTITY nbhy CDATA "‑" -- non-breaking hyphen -->
> ]>
> <object
>      foo="bar"    -- this does foobar stuff --
>      bish="bosh"  -- this hits people over the head --
>      bash="bush"  -- this elects a democrat --
>  >

Markup starting with "<!" are declarations in SGML (assuming the reference
conrete syntax), not tags.
But what do you mean by support? From an SGML point of view, it's a markup
error -- you can only have comments inside a markup declaration. I'm
pretty sure nothing will "break" though.
Why do you ask?

--
David Håsäther