[whatwg] [html5] HTMLMapElement.images

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Aug 7 22:54:33 PDT 2007

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, dolphinling wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> > Quoting Shadow2531 <shadow2531 at gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > Do you want the INPUT element in the collection too? (because of
> > > type="image")
> >
> > Probably only when type="image", but yes.
>
> Can you even have an image map on an <input type="image"> ?

You can in HTML4, Firefox, and Opera (and now HTML5).

You can't in IE and Safari.

Should we drop it? My research indicates there's an insignificant number
of pages with usemap="" attributes on <input type=image> elements (on the
order of 0.008%).

Anyway, I've added the attribute Anne suggested to the <map> element.