[whatwg] The truth about Nokias claims

Stijn Peeters stijn.p at hccnet.nl
Fri Dec 14 05:22:20 PST 2007

Quoting Ian, "[as a codec that everyone will implement] Theora is not an
option, since we have clear statements from multiple vendors that they will
not implement Theora.". So, in your wording, multiple vendors will choose
not to develop one. Writing a spec while knowing beforehand that multiple
vendors will not implement it conformingly still sounds like a bad idea to
me :)

Regards,

Stijn