[whatwg] [OT] Q, markup, incentive (was: De-emphasis)

David Latapie david at empyree.org
Fri Feb 9 09:35:58 PST 2007

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:33:55 +0000, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> The ultimate reason few
> authors use the Q element is that it was poorly specified, above all in
> that no requirement was laid upon user-agents to make use of its CITE
> attribute and no mechanism was provided to connect a Q element with a
> CITE element.

Indeed. Opera is the only one to have average support with CLinks (and
that is not so great for reason I won't delve into here). A combination
of generated content and xml extension (CLink) is required to make it
work and it is not even taking full advantage of CITE (example that
works with Opera http://bugs.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=5834)
--
</david_latapie>             U+0F00
http://blog.empyree.org/en (English)