[whatwg] Heading, binding, LH (was:XSLT: HTML 5 --> HTML)

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue Feb 13 06:21:27 PST 2007

Le 2007-02-13 à 8:07, David Latapie a écrit :

> This is my belief there is a need for properly “binding” (is that the
> right term) a picture and description. I'd go further by saying we
> need
> the rethink the “master-slave”/“content-description” relationship in
> X/HTML
>
> table+caption
> image+description (not speaking of "alt" here)
> dt+dd
> list+introduction to the list (LH)

Image+description should be covered by <figure>, although its current
restrictions are pretty limitative in my opinion.

<dt>+<dd> works fine too, I think. It may be used as a substitute for
<figure> currently, but I think the appearance of <figure> in the
spec will make this practice obsolete.

As for lists, maybe <legend> should be allowed within list elements,
although I can't say I have seen as much interest for this as for
captioning images.

So I wonder what is to rethink exactly, because beside some minor
issues it seems to be evolving in the right direction.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/