[whatwg] Heading, binding, LH (was:XSLT: HTML 5 --> HTML)

David Latapie david at empyree.org
Tue Feb 13 06:44:28 PST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:21:27 -0500, Michel Fortin wrote:
> Le 2007-02-13 à 8:07, David Latapie a écrit :
>
>> This is my belief there is a need for properly “binding” (is that the
>> right term) a picture and description. I'd go further by saying we need
>> the rethink the “master-slave”/“content-description” relationship in
>> X/HTML
>>
>> table+caption
>> image+description (not speaking of "alt" here)
>> dt+dd
>> list+introduction to the list (LH)

> Image+description should be covered by <figure>, although its current
> restrictions are pretty limitative in my opinion.
>
> <dt>+<dd> works fine too, I think. It may be used as a substitute for
> <figure> currently, but I think the appearance of <figure> in the
> spec will make this practice obsolete.
>
> As for lists, maybe <legend> should be allowed within list elements,
> although I can't say I have seen as much interest for this as for
> captioning images.
>
> So I wonder what is to rethink exactly, because beside some minor
> issues it seems to be evolving in the right direction.

What I meant is that these values shall be merged. For now, it seems
like “double standards, two sets of rules” : we have several key-value
here, but all have their own tag. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems
there is room for reduction here.
--
</david_latapie>             U+0F00
http://blog.empyree.org/en (English)