[whatwg] Geolocation in the browser

Ryan Sarver rsarver at skyhookwireless.com
Thu Feb 22 07:23:10 PST 2007

Gerv, this is great feedback. I agree that it's important to think of
fixed devices also being able to produce location information,
especially without needing any type of location-sensing hardware or
software.

In terms of user's being able to give different addresses, I feel that
is the job of the app itself. The browser should provide the location of
the UA based on the user's privacy settings, and then it would be up to
the app as to how they use it and give the user options on how to change
or use that location. I think this is simple enough as instantiating a
form with your current location, but letting users change that for
subsequent requests. Or in the case of Yahoo Local, the drop down could
have the following options: "Your Current Location, Home, Work, etc"

Re: granularity - I agree that's a simple and functional way of
"fuzzying" location.

Thanks guys for all the great feedback :) keep it coming