[whatwg] Comparison of XForms-Tiny and WF2

Klotz, Leigh Leigh.Klotz at xerox.com
Mon Jan 29 10:38:16 PST 2007

Thank you Ian.  This is almost the document...but not quite: the title
here is "XHTML Module: Extensions to Form Controls", not "XForms Basic",
and it's missing the W3C trademark and the "soon" after it.  But of
course, I expect that and it is appropriate to have those changes
applied.

I'm sure the technical content is the same or almost the same.  But
again, I have no quibble with the technical contents of this or
subsequent drafts, or the ongoing discussion about them.

I must point out to those who say differently that WF2 was developed
with full knowledge of XForms, and was in fact originally called "XForms
Basic," a name already in use by W3C working drafts and a
recommendation.

It's fine to disagree technically, it's fine to disagree about goals,
and it's fine to disagree about the future of the web, but it's not fine
to come along and make some of the revisionist historical claims that
we've seen here.

And again, as Ian asked, please stop bringing up these questions again
and again, and I'll be able to stop bringing up the answers.