[whatwg] Comments on the <video> element

Kornel Lesinski kornel at osiolki.net
Sun Mar 18 15:30:34 PDT 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:07:20 -0000, Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If <video> elements would have native UIs, bloggers would be more
> attracted of it, and developers of video sites as well. In the above
> case, you'd only have:
>
> <video src="http://www.youtube.com/v/id">

I doubt YouTube would allow that. Such video (even with UI provided by
browser) lacks features that YouTube probably would require: branding and
link to their website.

I think support for XSPF might be helpful in solving that problem. XSPF
has <image> element which could be used as stand-in or overlay image and
<info> elements for link to YouTube and video's page.

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński