[whatwg] <video> element feedback

MegaZone megazone at megazone.org
Wed Mar 21 15:28:58 PDT 2007

Once upon a time Spartanicus shaped the electrons to say...
> But if I'm wrong and this fight hasn't yet been lost, I'd like to add my
> voice to not relying on JS for anything essential at least from a
> specification angle.

Strongly agreed.  I know more than a few people who are (still)
rabidly anti-JavaScript as end-users, because of the repeated security
issues in various implementations - and how it keeps popping up in
things like Quicktime where you wouldn't necessarily expect it.

I am all for using JavaScript to improve a site, and I understand that
there are some online applications that just don't work without it,
but I'm against throwing in the towel and making ever more content,
and pages, depend on JavaScript.

-MZ
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/>  <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris