[whatwg] <object>, Flash, & IE7

Spartanicus spartanicus.3 at ntlworld.ie
Wed Mar 21 16:24:21 PDT 2007

MegaZone <megazone at megazone.org> wrote:

>> When encountering an object element IE7 seems to block all embedding by
>> default and it issues "security warnings" [1] . Afaics that virtually
>> drives the final nail in the <object> coffin [2].
>
>I haven't seen this myself.  Admittedly, I use Firefox for all my
>browsing, but I do have IE7 and I use it for testing pages.  Some of
>our sites at work have Flash, and <object> is used.

Oops, you're right. It appears that the warnings do not happen for IE's
so-called "Internet zone". IE's default restrictions appear to be most
strict when loading a file from the local file system, more relaxed when
most relaxed for domains in its "Internet" group.

I was expecting the opposite and had tested by loading a file from my
local file system.

--
Spartanicus

(email whitelist in use, non list-server mail will not be seen)