[whatwg] Full screen for the <video> element

Arve Bersvendsen arveb at opera.com
Thu Mar 22 07:55:45 PDT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:51:31 +0100, Gareth Hay <gazhay at gmail.com> wrote:

> P990i, by default is portrait display, switching to landscape does
> provide a 'fullscreen' mode, but hey, don't let a valid point get in the
> way of the argument!
>
> I really don't understand this attitude, it was a very clear point,
> pressing F11 in a *large* number of browsers does not provide a
> 'fullscreen' mode. I mean, how many mobile devices even have an F11?

Note that 'fullscreen' and 'fullscreen' are two different things:

1. A fullscreen mode on desktop should typically be a paged media,
applying any 'projection' style sheets to the page
2. The fullscreen mode on Sony Ericsson P990i, M600i and a number of other
UIQ phones still apply 'handheld' if existent, or 'screen' if so set in
the user's preferences. The 'fullscreen' mode on these devices just
happens to use all of your viewport, but it is not 'fullscreen' in the
sense you'd think.

--
Arve Bersvendsen, Web Applications Developer