[whatwg] SQL storage API: optional name, version of the openDatabase()

Aaron Boodman aa at google.com
Thu Apr 10 09:42:24 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Timothy Hatcher <timothy at apple.com> wrote:
> Name and version is not just used for UI, it is used to specify what
> database to open and to prevent schema conflicts.

Whoops, yeah. This request actually originally comes from me, and what
I was referring to was the version parameter to open().

It can currently be the empty string, but it cannot be omitted. Any
reason why not? Some (most?) applications will not need this field and
it seems unfortunate to force them to pass an empty string.

- a