[whatwg] Client-side includes proposal

Martin Ellis martin at betgenius.com
Mon Aug 18 12:23:31 PDT 2008

I can't speak for non Windows/Linux users, but for windows users IIS
comes supplied and supports SSI, asp.net php (via a download) etc and
with linux you can download apache and a sluth of other http daemons, I
see no reason for any html page to require the client to do the inline
including of content, as stated previously in this thread the tcp
overhead is huge and this would only make it worse in my opinion.