[whatwg] Ressurecting <video> a11y thread [was Re: Video, Closed Captions, and Audio Description Tracks]

Aaron Leventhal aaronlev at moonset.net
Fri Aug 22 03:59:10 PDT 2008

Has anyone put any further thought on what to do about captions for Ogg?

We've started to throw some thoughts together here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility/Captioning_Work_Plan

We could use some help from individuals who understand the area of video
and captions. The problem of deciding what to do for captions in <video>
or specifically for Ogg does not appear to be simple. I'd appreciate it
if someone could prove us wrong.

- Aaron