[whatwg] Thoughts on HTML 5

Nils Dagsson Moskopp nils-dagsson-moskopp at dieweltistgarnichtso.net
Tue Dec 16 06:15:19 PST 2008

Am Dienstag, den 16.12.2008, 15:02 +0100 schrieb Giovanni Campagna:

> 2) XML serialization is much more difficlut to implement than old
> HTML, and, as i said before, in many cases it is not implementable at
> all: probably a company which hosts user-generated content such as
> blogs or forums won't like that no browser can display his pages
> because someone wrote invalid html
It is not hard to reject input if its not well-formed. If browsers can
do it, why shouldn't web apps be able to ?

> even the most experienced can mis-type code, and in that case the only
> way to solve is to manually edit source using a plain text editor,
> which is not possible with user-generated content
As I said, invalid input should be rejected in the first place. When I
write a blog post, I usually catch errors like this when I click on the
"preview" button and its all yellow.

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>