[whatwg] Reverse ordered lists

Siemova siemova at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 07:25:27 PST 2008

Ah, yes, true enough. For a moment I forgot that. Thank you for pointing it
out.

So default would logically be for the numbering to end at 1. Thus, the code

< ol reverse>
< li>Red</li>
< li>Orange</li>
< li>Yellow</li>
< li>Green</li>
< li>Blue</li>
< /ol>

would display as:

5. Red
4. Orange
3. Yellow
2. Green
1. Blue

If you included step="2", it would display this way:

9. Red
7. Orange
5. Yellow
3. Green
1. Blue

And, if after that you threw a start="4" onto it:

4. Red
2. Orange
0. Yellow
-2. Green
-4. Blue

I guess that's what I was thinking of when I told Sam I don't see a problem
with negative values. But it would only occur in a case where you used a
start value which was lower than the step value times the number of list
items. Otherwise (to repeat myself) a reversed list would end at 1 by
default.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

- Jason