[whatwg] Some <video> questions

Charles lists07 at wiltgen.net
Mon Jan 28 13:51:00 PST 2008

Antti,

Thanks for the response.

> The video implementation available in the WebKit nightlies uses
> overlay controls that fade away during playback and don't affect
> the size of the video box.  I saw a Firefox demo of this feature
> that took similar approach as well.

Does WebKit do this whether the plug-in handling the format is QuickTime,
Windows Media/Silverlight, Flash, etc.?

If users do show the <video> element's controls, are the plug-in's native
controls shown?  And when that happens, does the <video> element's height
attribute then change if though the video's actual height hasn't changed?

If that's the case, is the expectation that authors will need to temporarily
hide controls (or make sure they're already hidden) before getting its
height?

-- Charles