[whatwg] [canvas] imageRenderingQuality property

Kristof Zelechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Tue Jul 1 01:18:52 PDT 2008

The image rendering quality property is indeed unable to hit the tradeoff
between beauty of presentation and rendering speed.  However, it is
perfectly all right to say 'this content is some fancy GUI can be rendered
downscaled without degrading the content - but that content contains
engineering drawings that must be rendered as accurately as can be.'  This
is semantic information the browser has no way of inferring.
Cheers,
Chris