[whatwg] Application deployment

Russell Leggett russell.leggett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:32:33 PDT 2008

> Please explain why you consider concatenating JavaScript sources dirty.

I don't necessarily think it's dirty, but any choices that game the system
for purely performance reasons seem hackish to me. Concatenating js files
for performance reasons is certainly less offensive than css sprites, but it
still begs the question: is this always the right choice. For example, let's
say I'm using jQuery plus a few plugins. The resources are really separate
entities from third parties. Should I have to concatenate them?

That said, there is clearly not much interest for this proposal here.
I graciously concede :)

-Russ