[whatwg] Proposal: target="_tab"

Borek Bernard borekbe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 01:15:54 PDT 2008

Hi Adrian,

That is actually a very good point, I missed that. In fact, it means that _tab should not be part of HTML spec because it would possibly make things even worse than they currently are (opening GReader links in new "_tab"s in old browsers would lead to losing the opened articles) . I still believe that there should be a way to instruct the browser to open a new tab and the before mentioned CSS3 target-new is probably the best way (if not only one) to go.

Thanks,
Borek