[whatwg] Proposal: target="_tab"

Borek Bernard borekbe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 01:37:09 PDT 2008

Hi Ian,

What do you think about the GReader use case? In my eyes, it makes the _tab scenario quite valid.

But, as mentioned by Adrian Sutton, there would be technical problems with older browsers so this proposal has to be scrapped. On the HTML/CSS level, this will be eventually handled by the 'target-new' property (which will be more flexible than target="_tab" as well) and I hope it will find its way into JavaScript too, eventually.

P.S. Sorry for not maintaining the thread sequence correctly, I couldn't figure out how to do that (that's why I used the forum instead of the mailing list in the first place :)

---
Borek