[whatwg] Proposal: target="_tab"

Borek Bernard borekbe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 02:27:01 PDT 2008

Hi Kristof,

my knowledge of JS is limited but how would you handle this situation:
in your web app, you want to provide a keyboard shortcut for opening
current item into a new tab. You need to invoke this action from JavaScript so setting CSS to some DOM element is not enough (AFAIK). I think window.open() would need some new optional parameter or something similar to support this.

---
Borek