[whatwg] Web Archives

Karl Dubost karl at w3.org
Tue May 13 19:09:15 PDT 2008

Le 13 mai 2008 à 18:55, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Tyler Keating wrote:
>> Currently, I know that Firefox uses Mozilla Archive
>> Format (.maf), Internet Explorer and Opera use MIME HTML (.mht)  and
>> Safari uses its own format (.webarchive) for saving a web page and
>> all
>> of its resources into a single file.  So clearly a standard would be
>> beneficial in ensuring "archive" compatibility between browsers and I
>> think it's suitable for that standard to reside in HTML5.

[…]

> There are some specifications for this kind of thing already, e.g.
> multipart/related (RFC2387), and the derivative MHTML (RFC2557).

See Widgets 1.0: Packaging and Configuration
     http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/

Abstract

This document defines a Zip-based packaging format and an XML-based
configuration document format for widgets. The configuration document
is a simple XML-based language that authors can use to record metadata
and configuration parameters about a widget. The packaging format is a
container for files required by a widget.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/