[whatwg] video tag : loop for ever

Eric Carlson eric.carlson at apple.com
Thu Oct 16 08:15:03 PDT 2008

On Oct 16, 2008, at 7:32 AM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 15.10.2008, 20:03 -0700 schrieb Eric Carlson:
>>   After thinking about this, I'm not sure that limiting playback to a
>> section of a media file will be used very often.
> Transcript anyone ? If you want to embed a lecture, for example, it
> makes sense to be able to "link" to specific points.

   Certainly.

>> A developer can
>> easily script the same functionality as long as they don't use the
>> default controller, so it seems to me that attributes for this aren't
>> warranted.
> How ?

   A script-based controller can easily control the section(s) that
are playable as it provides the UI and thus controls the user's access
to the media resource. You can have the controller's timeline show
just the section you want to play, you can have the controller show
the entire duration and limit seeking to just the section, etc.

eric