[whatwg] video tag : loop for ever

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Thu Oct 16 13:10:05 PDT 2008

Michael A. Puls II wrote:
> On 10/14/08, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
>> To be honest I'm not really convinced we need the looping feature at all.
>> It seems like we should drop this from the current version. What benefit
>> does it bring? Is looping really that common? If we got rid of it we could
>> find better ways of picking the start time.
>
> Whenever I come across an awesome video with an awesome song, I'll
> loop it for hours. I'll even loop it while I sleep. When it comes to
> playlists, I loop them too.

That would be a use case to consider for a browser providing looping
functionality for the user, possibly activated through the context menu
or something.  But it is not a use case for providing authors with the
ability to loop automatically using attributes.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/