[whatwg] Proposal: Allow block content inside label element

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Oct 29 13:20:19 PDT 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Křištof Želechovski wrote:

> Of course, a Windows check box label corresponds to nothing in HTML!

This is incorrect. A Windows checkbox label corresponds to the contents of
a <label> element associated with an <input type=checkbox> element.

> Do you think the Internet Explorer should abandon support for LABEL behavior
> as defined in HTML 4?

Insofar as I think they should do whatever the platform does, I believe
that they should abandon a strict reading of HTML4, yes. However, at the
end of the day, this is up to them.