[whatwg] video tag : loop for ever

Charles McCathieNevile chaals at opera.com
Sat Sep 27 17:57:11 PDT 2008

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 01:27:54 +1000, Jorgen Horstink
<mail at jorgenhorstink.nl> wrote:

> I understand the conceptual problem with this, but why don't you just
> use a large number? If the video is 1 sec, with a playcount set to
> 9999999 it will keep running at least three months; longer than any
> webpage is in memory.

Except if it is being used for an advertising display, or the like, and
happens to be around for a long time. Why not define a way to say
"forever" that means it (and doesn't require us to count the loops in our
implementation)?

cheers

Chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals   Try Opera 9.5: http://www.opera.com