[whatwg] [html5] Pre-Last Call Comments
giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Sun Apr 5 09:47:01 PDT 2009
Character set x-x-big5 cannot be registered because it is private.
Now that classid is gone, what will be the workaround for ActiveX objects
where they are needed?
1. Ask Windows browsers to support
2. Use a custom DTD with classid for validation?
3. Use a custom type "application/vnd.acme-fancy-control+oleobject"
for every control?
4. Rewrite everything Silverlight?
5. Ask the developers to keep their pages HTML4?
Of course, such things are inherently nonportable but they are widely used.
It would be nice to have a way to validate them.
More information about the whatwg