[whatwg] cross-domain scrollIntoView on frames and iframes

Jon Barnett jonbarnett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 06:21:07 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> >From my point of view I'm not sure how interesting this whole feature
> is. We had support in firefox for XPointer for many years and saw
> little to no uptake. I'm not sure if anyone complained when we removed
> the support even (which would be pretty remarkable).
>
> / Jonas

Was it advertized?  I follow Firefox closely enough, but I don't remember
when XPointer was supported.  Was it supported by other browsers?  It would
be rare in the wild if it's only supported by Firefox.  Do other browsers
have easy scripting support for XPath?  Except for the cross-domain iframe
case, you could script support for XPointer if the browser has decent
support for XPath in Javascript.  I know I've had instances where I wished
for XPointer support. It may or may not have had a fair shake.

--
Jon Barnett