[whatwg] proposed canvas 2d API additions

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Apr 30 16:21:12 PDT 2009

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Philip Taylor wrote:

> (Or maybe we could add a convertStrokeToPath() function, which replaces
> the current path with a path representing the outline of what you'd get
> if you stroked the current path, and then use isPointInPath on it.)

I haven't added either of these yet, because, as Philip pointed out in a
part of his e-mail that I haven't quoted above, there are workarounds that
can be done to approximate the results.

I expect that when we introduce explicit Path objects we will include
features like convertStrokeToPath() and so forth which will make this far
easier to do.