[whatwg] HTML5: has input device: use motion detection been included?

Charles McCathieNevile chaals at opera.com
Mon Aug 3 09:38:33 PDT 2009

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:25:58 -0400, Marcin Hanclik
<Marcin.Hanclik at access-company.com> wrote:

> Hi Chaals, Jonathan,
>
> Input devices are currently not in the DAP charter.
> http://www.w3.org/2009/05/DeviceAPICharter.html

They are not in the list of deliverables (which is a high-priority set of
things that people are already working on). They are, as I understand it,
well within the scope of the group. So it would take a draft, an editor,
and presumably use cases and interest from implementors, before the group
might add them to the deliverables.

> I am not sure whether the charter is to change soon, although it should
> be possible, I think.

Yes, I think that we agree on the way such work would happen, and that it
is certainly possible in the scope of that group.

cheers

Chaals