[whatwg] BWTP for WebSocket transfer protocol

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Aug 6 23:25:44 PDT 2009

Thanks for the heads-up. This comes at an auspicious time, because
we're now starting on WebSocket implementation in WebKit, and the
implementation seems likely to someday ship in Safari, Chrome and
other WebKit-based browsers.

For what it's worth, we are not absolutely wedded to the details of
either the API or the protocol, but we feel pretty strongly about
delivering the basic functionality.

This proposal looks a bit more complicated than the WS protocol, so it
may take a bit to digest.

Regards,
Maciej