[whatwg] Global Script proposal

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Mon Aug 24 15:15:30 PDT 2009

BTW, the WorkerGlobalScope.importScript() API blocks the current thread of
execution, which is probably not acceptable for code executed from page
context. So for globalscripts we'll need some way to do async notifications
when the loading is complete, and report errors. We may also want to have
some way to automatically enforce ordering (so if I call
GlobalScript.importScripts() twice in a row, the second script is not
executed until after the first script is loaded/executed, to deal with
dependencies between scripts). The alternative is to force applications to
do their own manual ordering.
-atw