[whatwg] Global Script proposal

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Mon Aug 24 15:34:07 PDT 2009

Agreed, blocking semantics are definitely not OK for GlobalScript, this
context-type calls for some form of async importScript functionality. If
order load order matters, apps certainly could defer loading the scripts
until what they depend on have been already loaded already. Where load order
doesn't matter, seems unfortunate to penalize those callers.
Maybe

importScripts(['one.js', 'two.js'], onloadcallback, onerrorcallback);

Immediately initiates in-order loading of the given array of
resources. A second call to importScripts would also begin immediately
as well. So if order matters, put them in the same importScripts call,
and if it doesn't make individual calls.