[whatwg] Spec comments, sections 3.1-4.7

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:03:38 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Ian Hickson<ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> Sure. For example, the UA might want to display the list of resources to
> the user. In such a UI, if the UI includes types, it would have to use the
> type="" attribute's value as the type.

That seems very speculative.  Does any UA actually do anything like
this, with <link>s or anything else?

> I guess I don't understand what you're asking for the spec to do. Do you
> want to drop the type="" attribute altogether?

No, I just thought this particular requirement should be "should"
instead of "must".  Or should be dropped entirely, since it seems very
vague to me and I'm not clear what real-world scenario it addresses.
But it doesn't really matter and isn't worth spending time arguing
over if you don't agree.