[whatwg] The removal of datalist

tali garsiel t_garsiel at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 29 13:12:06 PDT 2009

Hi,

Will this element come back?

>From my experience web applications always contains:
1. A tree control
2. A sortable data grid with a data provider
All js libraries like dojo , ext js etc have this elements(and of course all libraries like swing).

If such a basic GUI element will not be included in HTML , then web application authors will still need to use a js widget library.
This library will still need to do crazy tricks and workaround to build controls which look like the real thing.

I think HTML should provide the basic controls + some way for extending them , otherwise we go back to where we started.

Tali