[whatwg] <input placeholder="">

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Jan 6 04:32:50 PST 2009

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Thomas Broyer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> >
> > For <textarea>, a placeholder value seems odd. Do you have examples of
> > people doing that?
>
> Google Code hosting for adding a comment on an issue:
> http://code.google.com/p/support/issues/detail?id=1#makechanges

Interesting.

I've added it to the list of missing features; I expect this might get
added during the last call period (sometime next year maybe?) if browser
vendors show an interest in implementing it. (Safari hasn't yet
implemented it, and they invented placeholder="", so apparently one does
not imply the other in terms of implementations.)