[whatwg] RDFa is to structured data, like canvas is to bitmap and SVG is to vector

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Sun Jan 18 08:33:51 PST 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:15:34 +0100, Shelley Powers
<shelleyp at burningbird.net> wrote:
> And regardless of the fact that I jumped to conclusions about WhatWG
> membership, I do not believe I was inaccurate with the earlier part of
> this email. Sam started a new thread in the discussion about the issues
> of namespace and how, perhaps we could find a way to work the issues
> through with RDFa. My god, I use RDFa in my pages, and they load fine
> with any browser, including IE. I have to believe its incorporation into
> HTML5 is not the daunting effort that others make it seem to be.'

You ask us to take you seriously and consider your feedback, it would be
nice if you took what e.g. Henri wrote seriously as well. Integrating a
new feature in HTML is not a simple task, even if the new feature loads
and renders fine in Internet Explorer.

> However, the debate ended as soon as Ian re-asserted his authority.

Ian just gave an indication of when he's going to work on this again. That
doesn't mean that research into e.g. DOM consistency can't happen
meanwhile. It also doesn't mean that debate needs to stop.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>